Sunday, June 15, 2014

My Daddy

My Dad. My Daddy's hands. My Daddy's smile, his hug, the way he chuckled, the sound of his voice, the way he would belch and make us all go "ewww/daddy/Bubba!"

My Dad. My Daddy's skin, with marks on it from chicken pocks, his frost bitten toes from serving in the military, his smile, his frown, the way he said good night and the way he said good morning.

My Dad. My Daddy's cane that he used to help him walk; his glasses (I still have a pair), his belly - big and soft and perfect for sleeping on, the sound of his snoring, his occasional "little taste" of Smirnoff.

My Dad. My Daddy's strength, his weakness, his frustration, his pain, his joy, his love, his peace, his resolve, his wisdom, his love for reading, his knowledge, his advice.

He lived and learned and loved and crossed over. He now lives amongst the clouds; he's looking down and smiling that same smile.

My Dad.

<3 you Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment