Wednesday, May 21, 2014

My Book Review of "Iggy Gorgess" by Chrissi Sepe

One of the best things I've gained in my pursuit of writing is the privilege of also doing reviews for my peers.  I read quite a bit and sometimes, I'm so engrossed in reading that I neglect my own writing assignments that I've set for myself.  I love to read so when asked to review books or stories I welcome it gladly.  Normally, I don't publish them to the outside world.  Usually, my review is provided only to the author.  Today, I wanted to share with you my review of “Iggy Gorgess” written by Chrissi Sepe. 


Iggy Gorgess is a mess.  He’s impudent, immature and inexperienced.  Yet, his innocence and desire to be loved poke through his hard punk exterior.  When he leaves Germany where he lived with his girlfriend to return to New York City to write a novel, he imagines he’ll be able to finish writing a best seller.  Along the way to realizing that life isn’t always what you expect it to be, Iggy meets some people who poke and prod his beliefs in people and himself.  Over all, Iggy is just a kid looking to be accepted even as he unwittingly finds himself and learns about life.  

The story is a quick and easy read.  Author Chrissi Sepe managed to make me care about Iggy so much that I wanted to shake him for being dense and slow on the uptake about life.  However, isn’t that what life is all about, taking your time on your journey and learning as much as you can along the way?  We were all Iggy once in our lives.  Chrissi manages to capture that in this story. You can find Iggy Gorgess on Amazon and learn more about Chrissi on her blog:  http://chrissibliss.blogspot.com/   The cover artwork was created by Dan Schurtman who also is a member of the band The Twilights.  

No comments:

Post a Comment