Friday, April 18, 2014

The Journey

The season of change arrives and suddenly all old fears, come back to haunt you.  You had thought that they were buried in the sands of the past.  But the waters of change washed the sand away and the fears are back with a vengeance.  Am I good enough?  Will I find a home?  Where can I find work?  What should I do with my life? Why did my friend(s) turn on me?  How am I going to afford to do this?  Why did we break up?What happened?  Who? What? Where? When? Why? How? A million questions.

But the thing we fail to remember is that we have faced most, if not all, of these fears before.  They may have been experienced in a slightly different form. If you think about it, tiny doses of the same illness of fear have already inoculated us against the larger disease of fear.  God has already seen you through similar circumstances and He will see you through this trial as well.  He covered you in His grace when you didn’t even know He was there for you.  Now, that you do, why don’t you give your fears to Him this time and let Him carry that burden?  Easily said?  Yes.  Easily done? No.  But what’s your alternative option?  Have daily quiet talks with Him.  Thank Him for all that you have.  Ask for guidance.  His grace has always  been there.  You just have to call upon it.  

In the Wizard of Oz, Glenda the Good Witch tells Dorothy that she always had the ability to go home. When Dorothy asked her why she didn't tell her that important need to know information, Glenda replies that Dorothy had to figure that out for herself.  Only you can discover your special connection with the Almighty. Your relationship with Him will be different from mine.  It can lead you to such a wonderful place of peace and love.  I can't tell you how to get there, I'm just suggesting that you take the journey and see for yourself.

Have a blessed journey.
CAG 04182014

No comments:

Post a Comment