Saturday, November 16, 2013

There Was Blood On The Leaves


Sometimes, I'm just HIT and I just write it and I don't try to make sense of it - CAG 11162013

"There Was Blood On The Leaves"

There was blood on the leaves
I saw it as I walked down the rough hewn path; past broad emerald colored palms
The sound of the drops were like a syncopated drum beat
Loud and rhythmic; I heard it over the crash of something in the bush to my left
I walked on.  I walked because I was too afraid to run.  I knew that running would only encourage
The chase.
There was blood on the leaves
I could smell it as I walked down the rock strewn road; past the pink Bougainvillea and the red Jungle Queen
The thick coppery smell was heavy in the air amidst the scent of flower, earth and tree
I walked on.  I walked because I was afraid that I would be sick and that it would be a show of weakness that would only encourage
The chase.
There was blood on the leaves
I could feel on my skin as it dropped from above me; as the path was swallowed up by the jungle and I had to walk ever deeper into the unknown
I walked on.  I walked because there was no choice.  The uncharted path was before me and to turn back would prove my cowardice and would only encourage
The chase.

There was blood on the leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment